August 8, 2017
Comments Off on Top 10 Things To Do In Winter Across The Region
- Start your day by enjoying a freshly brewed coffee in one of our cosy cafes.
- Visit the Burra North Markets, and stock up on fresh produce, beautiful crafts and gifts. Located at Bests Place Antiques, Burra North, on the first Saturday of the month, from 9am-4pm.
- Enjoy wine tasting, or a flight of craft beer in the Clare Valley Wine Region
- Get outdoors and explore the Burra Heritage Passport. In the case of inclement weather, the Unicorn Brewery Cellars, and Morphett’s Enginehouse offer an immersive experience indoors away from the elements. Collect your key from the Burra and Goyder Visitor Information Centre.
- Indulge in a long lunch with friends at La Pecora Nera (The Black Sheep), and enjoy authentic Italian cuisine, pared with a glass of Clare Valley red.
- Take a drive along the Dare’s Hill Circuit – make sure you pack your camera for amazing views from the Dare’s Hill Summit.
- Visit the birthplace of the famous explorer and aviator, Sir Hubert Wilkins at the restored Mt Bryan East Homestead.
- Wander through the historic Burra Regional Art Gallery, and view the diverse works of art. Open 1-4pm, Tuesday-Sunday.
- Marvel in a museum – the Bon Accord Mining Museum is a winner, and the stunning Martindale Hall is a must see.
- Raise a glass in one of our authentic country pubs, enjoy some ‘pub grub’, and meet the local characters of our region.